Dr. GQ Zhang, Division Chief for Medical Informatics, is Co-Director of Informatics for the Cleveland Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative - CTSC (CTSA; UL1-RR024989), Associate Director for Cancer Informatics in Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (CA043703), and Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Center for Clinical Investigation (secondary), and the CPB (secondary).
Dr. Zhang received his B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Nanking Aeronautical Inst. of Technology, an MS. in Information Sciences from Peking University and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Cambridge University. He held academic appointments at the University of Georgia, University of Michigan prior to joining the faculty in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at CWRU Case School of Engineering in 2000 as an Associate Professor. Dr. Zhang was promoted to the rank of Professor in 2008.
Professor Zhang received Glennan Fellowship from the Case Center for Instruction and Teaching Excellence, Best Poster Award (ImTK Consortium) Distinguished Paper Award (AMIA Annual Symposium), and Best Paper Award Finalist (International Semantic Web Conference).
Dr. Zhang's research interests include Health Informatics, Clinical Research Informatics, Ontology-driven Web Engineering, and Theoretical Computer Science. He is particularly interested in collaborating with clinical and biomedical researchers to develop informatics tools and infrastructure for clinical translational, comparative effectiveness research.
Dr. Zhang's has been the PI of the NCRR-funded Physio-MIMI project (Multi-Modality, Multi-Resource Environment for Physiological and Clinical Research; NCRR-94681DBS78) and NIBIB-funded project "Phenotyping of Mice using Bioimaging" (K25EB004467), and and serves in the executive and steering committees of several large NIH-funded centers.
- GQ Zhang and O Bodenreider. Large-scale, exhaustive lattice-based structural auditing of SNOMED CT. AMIA Annual Symposium Proc 2010, pp. 922-926 (Distinguished Paper Award).
- Zhang GQ, Siegler T, Saxman P, Sandberg N, Mueller R, Johnson N, Hunscher D, Arabandi S. VISAGE: A Query Interface for Clinical Research, Proceedings of the 2010 AMIA Clinical Research Informatics Summit, San Francisco, March 12-13, 2010, pages 76-80.
- GQ Zhang and O Bodenreider. Using SPARQL to test for lattices: application to quality assurance in biomedical ontologies. Proceedings of the 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010) Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol. 6497, 2010, pp. 273-288 (Best Paper Award Finalist).
- Zhang GQ, Cui L. A set coverage problem. Information Processing Letters, Vol 110, Issue 4, pages 158-159, 2010.
- Droste M, Zhang GQ. Bifinite Chu spaces. Logical Methods in Computer Science, Vol 6, Issue 1, Paper 3, 2010.
- Lankun Guo, Fangping Huang, Qingguo Li, GQ Zhang. Power contexts and their lattices. Discrete Mathematics (In Press).
- Fangping Huang, Sreenath Narayan, David Wilson, GQ Zhang. A Fast Iterated Conditional Modes Algorithm for Water-Fat Decomposition in MRI. IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging (In Press).
- Sreenath Narayan, Fangping Huang, GQ Zhang, David Wilson, Fast Lipid And Water Levels by Extraction with Spatial Smoothing (FLAWLESS): 3-D Volume Fat/Water Separation at 7T. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (In Press).
- Van Anh Tran, Nate Johnson, Susan Redline, GQ Zhang. OnWARD: Ontology-driven Web-based Framework for Multi-center Clinical Studies, 2011 AMIA Summit on Translational Bioinformatics (TBI 2011, In Press).
- Ogbuji, C., Arabandi, S., Zhang, S., Zhang, GQ (2010). Segmenting and Merging Domain-specific Ontology Modules for Clinical Informatics, Formal Ontology in Information Systems, proceedings of the 6th international conference, Volume 209, Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Edited by: A. Galton and R. Mizoguchi. IOS Press, pages 414-427.