Yang Chen is a PhD candidate in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the Division of Medical Informatics at Case Western Reserve University under the supervision of Professor Rong Xu and GQ Zhang.
Yang's research interests include:
1. Data mining
2. Machine learning
3. Network analysis
4. Drug repositioning
5. Disease gene discovery
For updated publication, please visit https://sites.google.com/site/chenyangls/home/publications
- Chen Y, Xu R (2014) Network-based Gene Prediction for Plasmodium falciparum Malaria Towards Genetics-based Drug Discovery. International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2014) (Merit-based Travel Award).
- Chen Y, Zhang X, Zhang GQ, Xu R (2014) Comparative Analysis of A Novel Disease Phenotype Network Based on Clinical Manifestations, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2014 Sep 30. pii: S1532-0464(14)00217-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2014.09.007.
- Chen Y, Xu R (2014) Mining cancer-specific disease comorbidities from a large observational database, Cancer Informatics 2014:Suppl. 1 37-44. doi: 10.4137/CIN.S13893.
- Chen Y, Xu R (2014) Network Analysis of Human Disease Comorbidity Patterns Based on Large-scale Data Mining. Bioinformatics Research and Applications (pp. 243-254). Springer International Publishing
- Chen Y, Zhang X, Zhang GQ and Xu R, (2013) Creation and Comparative Analysis of a Novel Disease Phenotype Network Based on Clinical Manifestation. Annual American Medical Informatics Association Symposium (Late-breaking Research presentation).
- Chen Y, Ren XF, Zhang GQ, Xu R, (2013) Ontology-Guided Organ Detection to Retrieve Web Images of Disease Manifestation: Towards the Construction of a Consumer-based Health Image Library. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association(JAMIA) 2013, 20(6), pp. 1076-1081.
- Chen Y, Ren XF, Zhang GQ, Xu R, (2012) Ontology Guided Approach to Retrieving Disease Manifestation Images for Health Image Base Construction. IEEE Healthcare Informatics, Imaging and Systems Biology (HISB2012) (Best Research Paper Award).
- Chen Y, Zhang GQ, Xu R, (2012) Semi-supervised Image Classification for Automatic Construction of a Health Image Library, ACM SIGHIT International Health Informatics Symposium, pp. 111-120.
- Chen Y, Zhang X (2010). High-speed architecture for image reconstruction based on compressive sensing. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP2010), pp. 1574-1577.